Thursday, August 02, 2007

#75: Wanted - Fact Checker

While at the radio station, I was trying to find some audio clips from postgame interviews or a wrap-up of the Pirates' 5-4 win over the St. Louis Cardinals.

The reporter here, Scott Stiller of Metro Networks (and several other local media credentials), makes no fewer than *three* factual errors in a 30-second wrap-up. No corrected audio has been placed as of this entry. Check it out and see if YOU can find the errors.

(Here's the box score to help you if you didn't see the game)



ANSWER KEY:----------------------------------


The Pirates are the Pirates, but...wow.

Just wow.

(note: I did not play this sound byte over the air)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

I agree with your wow.

I found 2 of the 3...before I looked at the box score (I just heard a sports recap on TV, though - didn't hear the game) (Donut scores & the Krazy-glued Paulino hits his homerun first, then Pooholes) I didn't catch the Bautista's sacrifice fly.

It's obvious that it must be who you know, not what you know.

But, I was reminded today...very early this morning..that I know absolutely nothing. :(

Karri

8/03/2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://theburghsports.blogspot.com/

8/05/2007 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home