Saturday, July 08, 2006

You'd think I'd learn...

With all the stuff I learned yesterday, you'd think not much gets by me.

Well, per yesterday's expectations, Paul Maholm got his 100+ innings before the break, but he also gave up 6 runs in 4 innings, which, in my estimation, is pretty close to a pooch-screw.

And what is up with Jason Bay and his lack of timely home runs? He has 21 of 'em, but I'm sure that close to half of 'em are solo.

Either that, or (still relating to the subject of this entry), you'd think I'd learn to have no expectations of this franchise, specifically the 2006 version.

(Begin rant) I suppose it's the same thing that makes me angry when people can do NOTHING BUT mock the team. Yes, it's extremely easy to make jokes, and it's warranted to a point, but it's like kicking a man when he's down. Besides, we all know why the team is in such disarray: Ownership and management. If you want to do your mocking at an unlimited level, focus it there.

At least I know that the players want to win. So I root for them. That's one thing I have learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home