#165: Broadcast #10
---SSL: September 25, 2010---This week's show topics:
- Panthers have been an embarrassment on and off the field.
- Steelers are 2-0, but could be some problems in Tampa.
- Penguins are 2-0. But it's preseason. And the win against Detroit was second-rate.
- Pirates lose 100. Yay. But maybe some good news. I make a prediction for next season.
Also, 1-1 with regard to Steelers, and 1-1 on my NFL picks of the week.
#164: Broadcast #9
---SSL: September 18, 2010---This week's show topics:
- Steelers are 1-0, but there are some problems. Just not really on defense.
- Panthers rap sheet getting to be about as long as an average run from Dion Lewis.
- Civic Arena faces demolition.
- Pirates will likely achieve a dubious distinction this week.
#163: Steeltown Sports: Live #8
---SSL: September 11, 2010---It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Pro football season is back.
The quickest NFL football preview you've ever heard. Pretty much just picks and gut feelings.
Just wait 'til you hear my off-the-wall Super Bowl pick from the NFC... I can't believe it myself.
Also, a quick pick of the Steelers/Falcons game and a pick-of-the-week of sorts.
#162: Seventh Broadcast
---SSL: September 4, 2010---No, I didn't forget to post last week's show.
It was just that bad. No one deserved to repeat that.
It's times like this that I'm glad I don't work for one of the major Pittsburgh sports stations, even the lowly-rated WBGG (Fox Sports affiliate)...which is pulling similar ratings to my humble WMBS: I simply haven't been able to watch much sports lately.
And by "lately," I mean it's probably been a good six months...at least...since I've devoted a measureable number of hours to watching games, crunching numbers, analyzing trends...
It's tough doing a 45-minute show, let alone a 4-hour one.
In any event, here is the latest show, talking about Steelers and (Pitt) Panthers for the most part, with some Pirates and the weekly "rundown" thrown in.